Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Children from the 90s.

Saw this article on someone's blog after my friend shared the link on Facebook.

Jeremy's Wordpress

Reading this makes me so happy.. and old of course.. Makes me feel that we are having so much fun than the children from the new millennium.

The following managed to touch my heart the most.

1. Monday blues were made slightly better because of 搞笑行动. There was 梁婆婆, 梁细妹 and “真的是伤脑筋”. There was also the 神经一法 segment, a spoof of 绳之以法.

I remembered I attended the one of the live studio recordings of 梁细妹, and being a kid i was retarded enough to hit my head as hard as i could when 梁细妹 said 真的是伤脑筋啊!

2. There was Oriental Emporium and Yaohan. And Sogo.

Probably cos my mum was a staff at Yaohan, where i spent countless hours at the toys department waiting for her to get off work.


3. Who can forget Mimi, Sam Seng, Fat Ani, Smarty, and the rest of the Bookworm Gang?

The only books with storyline I read back then besides Enid Blyton.
These hard-covered Enid Blyton books were filled with short stories and i would read them over and over again cos i had nothing to do.

4.There was this Aces Day which was horrid because it was not a holiday, and you got a fugly cap and had to do this corny thing called The Great Singapore Workout.

I was doing the ACES day shit on our school's parade square where i was shaking my butt too hard(as a joke) during one of the exercises. A teacher caught me and i had goosebumps and a chill running through my body. I was then asked to do it by myself at the side. LOLS.

5. It was called the tuckshop, not canteen.

6. Everyone played the music recorder during music lessons.

We had to perform some music item during music lesson. Me and 3 other guys did 流星雨 by F4. One classmate of mine did 男儿当自强,the theme song of 黄飞鸿, on the recorder. I don't know why but i couldn't control my laughter. I was really a bastard back then. I feel really sorry to that classmate.

7. I remember people kept trying to get others to say ‘chicken white’ though.

I remember people asking other people to say 700 too. Also the classic joke.

英国唱英歌
美国唱美歌
法国唱什么歌?

Lols. Epic.

8. You brought every single book to school, even though there was one thing called the timetable, written on the inside cover of your little blue notebook.

I remembered my primary school bag was like 5 kg.. lols.. lucky I didn't suffer from stunt growth. I didn't have a file and all my worksheets were either in between worksheets or at the bottom of all the books. None of my worksheets were clean and nice. all crumpled and chipped.


9. The bookshop was always filled with people. To buy fancy notebooks, erasers, rulers, pencils, everything except books. It was cool to collect those stuff.

I remembered that I had only 50 cents on me that day. But i still queued up at the bookshop to buy Pokemon erasers. Yes, small rectangular erasers with oddly coloured Pokemon which costs 10 cents each. Who would have expected my parents to appear in school to pass me food. They caught me buying erasers at the bookshop. Haha.

10. Teachers would paste coloured duct tapes around the corner of your workbook and that would be your group color for that year

I can totally imagine how the exercise book would look like even till now.





Wow. What memories. Loved the 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment